Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 2: Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

Mr. Wrong makes me happy because (1) it’s crazy sparkly and (2) it’s different every time I look at it. It’s one of those polishes that makes me wiggle my fingers around in front of my face so I can watch it change – it’s hypnotic. You can almost hear my productivity at work come to a screeching halt when I wear this one.
The name also makes me laugh. There’s a Mr. Right in this collection too, but Mr. Wrong is so much more exciting. As in life, usually.
Mr. Wrong is a dusty blue/purple foil with gold and silver flecks. In some lighting it looks almost gray, but in the sun the purple really pops. 


Indoors - fluorescent

Indirect sun

Sun

Sun

The formula is a little thin, but it was opaque by three coats. And since I normally do three coats anyway, that’s not really a big deal to me. My only complaint is about the size of the bottle. It’s 0.35 oz, which is somewhere between a mini and a full-sized bottle. All of the Hard Candy polishes come with a little plastic ring, which my daughters will fight over, and which the winner will wear for about five minutes before it gets kicked into the black hole beneath her bed.
I have to buy my Hard Candies on eBay because I refuse to set foot in Wal Mart. Even for nail polish, which really says something.

No comments:

Post a Comment