Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 5: Butter London Victoriana

Two of my favorite colors today: blue-green and silver.

Victoriana is a dusty teal with silver microglitter. Just about every other review I’ve seen for this polish calls it blue, but it definitely leans more green on me. Victoriana just screams winter – the silver flecks remind me of ice crystals around the edge of a window. I want to curl up in my favorite chair with a book and some chai when I wear it.

The microglitter is very understated; it’s really more of a sheen than it is sparkly. And there's enough gray in the teal that it doesn’t scream “Look at my hands!” Elegant, but with an edge. Interesting, but not too in your face. I would totally wear this to work (and have, many times).

Indoors - fluorescent

Shade

Sun

Sun

Formula is perfect – very opaque. I used three thin coats but you could definitely get away with two if they're on the thicker side. I guess if I have one complaint about this polish it's that the brush is just a little bit too long for my liking. I had to do more cuticle clean-up than usual because the brush was a little hard to control.

Butter London is a new-ish brand that in my opinion doesn’t get enough love. I think a lot of people wrote them off in the beginning because of design problems with their bottles (which have been fixed) and pretty but not especially unique colors. They seemed to turn a corner with their Fall 2010 collection, which in addition to Victoriana contained All Hail McQueen and Marrow, two other Butter London classics.


No comments:

Post a Comment